No other class of vehicle enjoys a good old fashioned showdown quite like muscle cars. And the Chevrolet Camaro versus the Dodge Challenger is a heavyweight fight featuring some serious punches. Let’s put the base trims for the 2016 model year into the ring and see which one is left running.
- Every muscle car comparison begins under the hood. The Challenger holds a slight edge in this department with the 305 horsepower generated by its V6 engine compared to the 275 horsepower output of the Camaro’s four cylinder. However, the Camaro wins its money back with 295 lb.-ft. of torque compared to the Challenger’s 268.
- A signature of a muscle car is the sound it makes as it rumbles down the street. While the Challenger fails to offer an active exhaust, the Camaro has an available dual-mode performance exhaust that produces a more aggressive sound at higher speeds and more refined tuning at lower RPMs. And the standard dual-outlet stainless steel design of the Camaro’s exhaust makes it look just as fierce as it sounds.
- A muscle car with an automatic transmission? It’s taboo. And in the Challenger, it’s also a reality. You would need to upgrade two trim levels to put a stick shift in your hands with the Challenger, while the Camaro’s base trim comes equipped with a six-speed manual transmission with a limited slip differential. Oh yeah, and that shift knob is wrapped in leather.
- A muscle car doesn’t have to be all brawn and no brains. The Camaro features a touchscreen two inches larger than the Challenger’s and is compatible for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- A car with so much power puts a premium on safety. And the Camaro comes standard with the OnStar safety system complete with Automatic Crash Response, Crisis Alert, Roadside Assistance and more.
- How much does the Chevy Camaro cost? With an MSRP of $25,700, it’s slightly less than the Dodge Challenger. And who doesn’t love that? Plus, the Camaro even comes available as a convertible.
It’s easy to see why the Chevrolet Camaro has piled up so many accolades over the years, including the coveted Motor Trend Car of the Year for 2016.
Chevy Camaros Near You
Now that the Camaro has outmuscled the Challenger, it’s time for you to test drive one at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, North Carolina. We have an extensive inventory of both new and used Camaros for sale. How can you get your hands on one?
- Buy. Our fleet of Chevy Camaros includes a wide range of trim levels, colors, options and more.
- Lease. Think you may want to slip into another new Camaro in the near future? Consider our leasing options.
- Trade. We’ll pay top dollar for your current vehicle to get the motor running on your Camaro.
- Get a special. We continuously run specials on both new and used Camaro’s and even offer manufacturer specials to make it easy for you to take the wheel.
- Get a loan. Our finance department offers competitive rates and quick approvals to let you pay for a Camaro at your own speed.
Stop in to Hendrick Chevrolet today and see the Camaro flex its muscle.