Buying a certified pre-owned Chevy allows you to get the speed you crave with a price tag you’ll love. On average, two-year-old certified pre-owned vehicles are 25 percent cheaper than the new models. Four-year-old cars can be up to 40 percent cheaper.
But what should you look for before you purchase a certified pre-owned Chevy? Let’s dive right in.
4 Things To Look For In Certified Pre-Owned Chevy Programs
1. What The Dealer Means By “Certified Pre-Owned”
The meaning of “certified pre-owned” varies by dealership. However, every certified pre-owned car should follow these general certified pre-owned guidelines:
- Less than six years old
- Less than 100,000 miles on it
- Inspected by the dealership
- Repairs already made if needed
At Hendrick Chevrolet, we believe our customers deserve to know the truth about what they’re buying. This is why we break down exactly what you get when you purchase a certified pre-owned vehicle from our inventory. Every certified pre-owned car on our lot meets the following criteria:
- Falls within five model years
- Has 75,000 or fewer miles on it
- Has a clean title
- Includes a car history report
- Passes our 172-point inspection
We want our customers to drive away happy, which is why we instated these rigorous standards for our certified pre-owned vehicles.
2. The Warranty
One of the biggest perks of a certified pre-owned vehicle is that it often comes with a warranty. Otherwise, you could be liable for all repairs once you drive off the lot. Many warranties last for a certain amount of years or miles after you buy it.
It’s important to check these stipulations before you buy. And a transferrable warranty is ideal since it ups the value of the car if you decide to resell it.
Here’s a breakdown of Hendrick Chevrolet’s warranty:
- A 3-day, 150-mile satisfaction guarantee means you’re free to bring back the car if you’re not happy with it during this timeframe.
- A 12-month, 12,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty means we cover most parts of your vehicle during this timeframe.
- A 5-year, 100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty means we cover your powertrain for five years or 100,000 miles – whichever comes first. To sweeten the deal, we’ve ensured this warranty is transferrable to subsequent owners of the car. It also includes free transportation for the duration of the warranty.
- $0 deductible
3. Maintenance Coverage
Not all certified pre-owned programs offer maintenance coverage, so be sure to ask. Hendrick Chevrolet offers an exclusive 2-year, 24,000-mile certified pre-owned scheduled maintenance plan.
4. The Extras
See what your dealership has to offer in the way of extras. Hendrick Chevrolet, for instance, offers:
- Trip interruption protection
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- 3 months of OnStar
- 3 months of SiriusXM satellite radio
Get the Best Certified Pre-Owned Chevy in Cary, North Carolina
At Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, North Carolina, we aim to pair our customers with their perfect car. Start by looking through our wide selection of certified pre-owned vehicles, then test drive a Chevy today.
Call us at 844-361-8848 or stop by our dealership at 100 Auto Mall Drive. We also proudly serve our neighbors in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.